Valve Manufacturer in the Irwin area is in need of a Manufacturing Engineer.
Directs and coordinates manufacturing processes in the plant; responds to manufacturing issues and concerns to insure products are produced to specifications and according to manufacturing schedules while insuring efficient use of resources. Manufacturing Engineer reports to Manufacturing Manager.
- Responsible for directly supervising assigned staff, ensuring that they are performing their duties adhering to quality standards, delivery times, safety guidelines, and cost effectively.
- Plan capacity and establish priorities, schedules, and sequences for manufacturing products.
- Oversee and ensure the set up and operation of all machine shop equipment, tooling, and fixturing, as well as recommend design changes in equipment, material, and/or procedures as needed.
- Performance to daily production goals and quality metrics.
- Troubleshooting and solving production and/or technical issues.
- Identifies, evaluates, and resolves non-routine problems as they occur during the manufacturing process.
- Implements and maintains work travelers/routers, including evaluation and estimation of machine setup and cycle times.
- Reviews current work standards and modifies to prevent reoccurrence of non-conforming conditions.
- Evaluates new designs and recommends changes to simplify and reduce the cost of manufacturing.
- Recommend tooling and fixturing changes to improve efficiency and reduce manufacturing cost.
- Reviews production schedules and assists expeditors as needed to meet required ship dates, including shifting work to different work-centers.
- Performs other duties as directed by the Manufacturing Manager.
- 2-5 years in Engineering or related Manufacturing experience
- Basic knowledge of lean manufacturing principles (e.g. 5S, value stream mapping, process standardization and Kaizen)
- Strong computer skills
- Communication (written/verbal), interpersonal and organizational skills
- Developed troubleshooting/problem solving skills
PBM Inc. offers a competitive benefits package with Health, Vision, Dental, STD, LTD and 401k Plan. Please email resume and salary requirements to the HR Department, email@example.com. No phone calls or Third Party calls. PBM Inc. is an EOE.